This policy explains how and why we collect, use, hold and disclose your personal information.
“We”, “us” and “our” means Nomis K Pty Ltd t/a The Northern Network (ABN 72 074 683 784).
You consent to us collecting, holding, using and disclosing your personal information in accordance with this policy.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who can be reasonably identified from the information or opinion. Information or an opinion may be personal information regardless of whether it is true.
What personal information do we collect and hold?
We collect information about you and your interactions with us, for example, when you purchase or use any of our products or services, call us or otherwise visit our website. The information we collect from you may include your identity and contact details, your history of purchases and use of our products and services and details of enquiries or complaints you make.
We may collect information about how you access, use and interact with the website. This information may include:
- the location from which you have come to the site and the pages you have visited; and
- technical data, which may include IP address, the types of devices you are using to access the website, device attributes, browser type, language and operating system.
We will only collect data that is necessary and it will be deleted or deidentified when no longer necessary
Why do we collect, hold and use your personal information?
We collect, hold and use your personal information so that we can:
- provide you with products and services, and manage our relationship with you;
- contact you, for example, to respond to your queries or complaints, or if we need to tell you something important;
- comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators; or
- identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect your personal information directly from you whenever you interact with us.
How do we store and hold your personal information?
We store most information about you in computer systems and databases operated by either us or our external service providers. Some information about you is recorded in paper files that we store securely.
We implement and maintain processes and security measures to protect personal information which we hold from misuse, interference or loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
These processes and systems include:
- the use of identity and access management technologies to control access to systems on which information is processed and stored;
- requiring all employees to comply with internal information security policies and keep information secure; and
- monitoring and regularly reviewing our practise against our own policies and against industry best practice.
Who do we disclose your personal information to, and why?
We may transfer or disclose your personal information to our related companies.
We may disclose personal information to external service providers so that they may perform services for us or on our behalf.
We may also disclose your personal information to others outside our group of companies where:
- we are required or authorised by law to do so;
- you may have expressly consented to the disclosure or the consent may be reasonably inferred from the circumstances; or
- we are otherwise permitted to disclose the information under the Privacy Act.
If the ownership or control of all or part of our business changes, we may transfer your personal information to the new owner.
Do we disclose personal information to overseas recipients?
We may disclose your personal information to recipients located outside Australia.
Do we use your personal information for marketing?
We will use your personal information to offer you products and services we believe may interest you, but we will not do so if you tell us not to. These products and services may be offered by us, or our related companies.
Where you receive electronic marketing communications from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing communications by following the opt-out instructions provided in the communication.
Do we use your personal information for marketing?
You may access or request correction or deletion of the personal information that we hold about you by contacting us. Our contact details are set out below. There are some circumstances in which we are not required to give you access to your personal information.
There is no charge for requesting access to your personal information but we may require you to meet our reasonable costs in providing you with access (such as photocopying costs or costs for time spent on collating large amounts of material).
We will respond to your requests to access or correct personal information in a reasonable time and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we hold about you remains accurate, up to date and complete.
Only authorised personnel will access your data and only for the purposes outlined above.
Automated Decision Making
Information will be made available on our website for any automated decision making processes which utilise your data. You will have the option of requisitioning a human check of any automated decision and we will regularly check that the system is working as intended.
If you have a complaint about the way in which we have handled any privacy issue, including your request for access or correction of your personal information, you should contact us. Our contact details are set out below.
We will consider your complaint and determine whether it requires further investigation. We will notify you of the outcome of this investigation and any subsequent internal investigation.
If you remain unsatisfied with the way in which we have handled a privacy issue, you may approach an independent advisor or contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au) for guidance on alternative courses of action which may be available.